TAKING CARE OF YOUR DESERT SAGE SOY CANDLE
1. When lighting our Desert Sage Soy Candle for the first time burn until wax melts across entire surface to the sides of vessel (this prevents tunneling, and creates an even burn for the duration of the candle’s ‘life’) This may take up to 2-4 hours.
2. Trim wick to 5 mm before each burn to promote an even burn, steady flame and limit sooting/mushrooming of wick.
3. If soot forms on the inside of vessel, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Trim wick and relight.
4. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
5. Extinguish candle with a snuffer, or dip wick into melted wax and then straighten wick to prevent smoking and also prevent hot wax from splattering. Do not blow out.
6. Draughts decrease burn time, cause uneven burning, smoking and diminished scent throw.
7. Efficient burning means flame is not flickering, teardrop shaped and upright.
8. Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn’t controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before re-lighting.
9. Maximizing scent throw – open windows/doors will disperse scent. For maximum fragrance keep closed and burn in desired space for 30 mins before entering.
10. Always store your candles in a cool, dark and dry place. Scented candles also look great stored under a glass cloche, which also protects from dust
11. Avoid placing your candles where they will be directly exposed to sunlight or harsh indoor lighting, such as a spotlights
12. Your can remove dust and fingerprints from a candle by gently rubbing the surface with a piece of nylon or a soft cloth. The cloth can be dry or slightly dampened with water
13. Always read and follow the manufacturer’s use and safety instructions carefully. Don’t burn a candle longer than the manufacturer recommends.
Copies from Homelife.com.au with Desert Sage Candle inserted in article.